Wednesday, March 16, 2011

You call THIS food?



I know that this No Dissection Dinner seems like a sacrificial experiment that my family is making as my children, husband and I literally have brought "to the table" a real question we have about our relationship with our food and the animals we share the planet with.

I just want to make something very clear. (yep-that SHOULD sound like a mama talkin')

We are richly blessed to even have the opportunity to choose our food.
We are richly blessed to have ANY food every morning, noon and night.
We are richly blessed and we don't take that for granted.

Above is a picture taken in Ghana, Africa with the little girl we sponsor. Here name is Becky. Becky and her family only have daily food because of the local church's partnership with an organization called Compassion International. They have daily food because the Lord provides.

I have a friend named Harry. He's a pastor who recently traveled to Haiti. His host family served him a dinner of broth and fish heads. "My," Harry said, "Do you always eat like this?"
"No sir," the father answered "Only at Christmas."

If my family was in THAT home, we would gratefully eat broth and fish heads. Period.
and
we would be grateful.


Please know that today, as I prepare the next No Dissection Dinner, I do with with more than a full tummy, I do it with a full heart. I do so knowing how amazingly and abundantly blessed we are to have food, a stove, a family with healthy children and the freedom to make choice.

Thank you, Father.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment