Friday, March 18, 2011

Dinner Day 17- Tostadas


There are very few things in life that I enjoy more that feeding my family a dinner that they absolutely love.

Tonight's dinner was such a dinner.

It was almost like the meal was "ruptured" more than eaten.
There
Then....

G O N E!

:)

Plus, it was super cheap and easy.
(Bonus prize)
I made this dinner in about 10 minutes!
That's 10 minutes of a gratitude for the food, stove, family and a chance to pray for the young man we sponsor in La Paz Bolivia (Waldo). He is now 5 years old. We've sponsored him since he was 2. For Christmas his family got him shoes and cooking oil.
When they write to me, they remind me that our family is in there prayers.
Humbling.


The entree: Bean Tostadas

The ingredients:
Tostada shells
Mexican style beans
Half a yellow pepper
Half a red pepper
A sprinkle of Mexican cheese
A spoon of salsa
A spoon of plain yoghurt (or sour cream)
A pinch of cilantro


The Consensus:
Liam: I love this dinner, Mom. I could eat it every day.
Alex: This is so good. I love this dinner.
Joseph: Yum
Me: Happy Mom!

The cost:
$5 for a family of four
$1.25/person

MUST DO THIS ONCE A WEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment