Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dinner Day 21: HELLLOOOO RESTAURANT!

Today was a crazy busy day.
My hubby was out of town on business.
My kids each had after school activities.
I had to work out after work.
Plus.
I'm
Beat.
Therefore we ventured into the world of the restaurant dinner.
The kids chose Mexican.
Here's how it played out:
Alex: Ordered Beef Nachos
I: Ordered a stuffed pablano (and it rocked so hard)
Liam: (and HERE'S THE BIG SUPRISE) did NOT order meat, but chose BEAN tacos.
Wow and Wow!

Remember:
This experiment is NOT about what we are "allowed to eat". It's about what I will prepare at home.

Liam-Mr. Meat Man-had the chance to eat the beef and chose BEANS!
Alex-Ms. Can't we just eat veggies-chose BEEF!

At the end of this month, our family takes another vote.
Will we continue on the veggie path or am I heading to the meat dept. again when I shop for groceries?
God only knows.
Truly.
I pray his will be done.
Amen.
p.s.
eating out is pretty cool from time to time.
what a blessing.

The Concensus:
Alex: I'm so full.
Liam: I'm so full.
Me: I can't believe Liam ordered beans!

The Cost:
$21 for a family of three
$7/person
note: that's more that TWICE as much as any dinner this month.
but....do dishes.

1 comment:

  1. I hear there are lots of vegetarian restaurants around...ok not a lot but there are some. It is always easier if planned,unless you know where they are located. I am a meat lover but I am trying to down-size the quanity. My family needs more fruit/veggies

    ReplyDelete