Friday, March 4, 2011

Dinner Day 4-Nachos with Salad



Waste Not, Want Not


I know. It look almost like last night. Right? Right.
But goooooood.

Nachos for dinner was a hit!

I used the left overs from yesterdays chili and stacked it on tortilla chips. I garnished it with plain yogurt (you can use sour cream) romaine, chives, cilantro,tomatoes, pepper. yum, right?


You can sub something for the corn chips if you don't want them.
If you want to do this vegan then substitute a soy cheese and a veg. sour cream.
(pretty good to me, but the kids hate it. it's pretty costly,too.)
Raw foodies have great veggie our cream.
You can find recipes on google.


Consensus:
Alex: Mumm, Yum. Can you get me more?
Alex's friend: Ummmm. I love your food. :)
Joseph: Ate it. Seemed satisfied. :)
I: Loved it.
Liam: Was at a friends. (I think they're having meat.)

Cost:
3.35 for family of four (Tons of left-overs tonight. I'll make a good snack.)
$.81/person

NOT BAD.
Plus-it's Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment