Sunday, March 27, 2011

Dinner Day 23: Bagel Sandwiches with Fruit


See this?
This is Mama being a wee-bit lazy.
In honesty, I was up to my elbows in housework.
(my house smells amazing right now)
The kids we reading and playing a computer game and Joseph was out of town for work.
Part of me thought: "Fend for yourselves, kiddos."
Part of me thought: "Why aren't you kids helping me clean?"
Part of me thought: "I want to have the heart of Christ. A servants heart."

So, I chose number three and he's how it played out:
Pause
Pray
Feel His peace which comes with a simple idea:
"Alex, will you come up and vacuum?
Liam, make your bed!"
and I got cracking-literally. A quick and simple pan omelet inside the bagels our church gives out on Sundays ON PAPER PLATES. :)
(Hey-I didn't need ANOTHER thing to clean)

The consensus:
Liam: MMMMM...These are the best sandwiches you've ever made. Why don't you always make these sandwiches?
Alex: I don't like egg (grabs the bagel)
Me: (to Alex) You need protein. (She grabs sliced cheese as well).
Momma: I just at the omelet and fruit and it was EGG-cellent (sorry)

The Cost:
$2.50 for three people
$.75 per person

Slam Dunk Winner

No comments:

Post a Comment