Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dinner Day 16- Middle Eastern



I'm Middle Eastern.
I'm Arab American.
At least, half of me is.
Dad was Syrian.
For than I'm grateful on a million levels.
This is my soul food.
This is my "home cookin'
This rocked!

I can honestly classify tonight offering as a feast.
Why?
Because, Silly, it was!
:)
When my mother and father died, it was in a tornado.
In the wreckage of the house, I found my mom's cook book.
When I found it, I swear to you, I heard her say "This is how you will keep us alive. You will make the food and when you do, you will tell the story of who we were.


Yes.
I.
Will.


Dinner was:
Falafel
Rice
Tabooli
Humus
Salad
Sliced cucumber
Bread
Green Beans in red sauce

It's simple to google the was to make anything listed about.
Dinner took me about 20 minutes to make.
Now, I will let you in on a secret.

Grandma's Red Sauce recipe:
Saute in olive oil
1 small onion
3 cloves of garlic
(till golden brown)

add to that
1 small can of tomato paste
red wine (optional)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp clove
1/2 tsp all spice
1/2 tsp nutmeg

add water until the consistency of spaghetti sauce

simmer

cover green beans or rice or any other thing and feel the love to god!

While cooking tonight-I prayed hard for the Middle East and for my family.

Consensus:
Alex: Mom! This is so good!
Liam: I'm full.
Joseph: Thank you, Honey.
Me: I just couldn't be happier. This food is my home base and fills me like none other.

Cost:
$8 for a family of four
$2/person
I have so many left overs that my hubby will SURELY snack tonight AND I'll bring lunch for me and my co-workers tomorrow.

Glory to God in the highest and peace to His people on Earth!

Acts 9:3-9 As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. He fell to the ground...

No comments:

Post a Comment