Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dinner Day 22 (take two)-Veg Stir Fry with Tofu


As John Steinbeck said "The best laid plans of mice and men, often go astay."

So went tonight's dinner plan.

My plan: Left-overs
Gods plan: Snow day for the kids.
The kids and hubby's plan: To eat the left-overs for lunch!

Therefore:
Veggie Stir fry for dinner.
And, Yes, it was YUM!
The best news about stir fry is that it was already on the menu for later in the week,
AND
it's very quick and easy.
No worries, Mama.
Now, I'm not sayin' every family will hang with tofu, but my family does. That makes it easy to check protein off the "must have" list.
Just another blessing, I suppose.
Thank the Lord...

Ingredients:
Onion
Garlic
Brags liquid aminos (like soy sauce but NOT full of sodium-at most heath food stores)
Red Pepper Flakes
Broccoli
Yellow and Green Pepper
Mushrooms
Sugar Snap Peas
Tofu
White Rice (if you want to go super healthy-go brown rice. My kids won't eat it)

The consensus:
Alex: I love your stir fry, Mom.
Liam: It's good. I just wish there were no mushrooms in it.
Joseph: Do you want the rest of the tofu or can I eat it?
Momma: Eat as much as you want and Liam, pick the mushrooms out.

The Cost:
$5.50 for a family of four
$1.35/person

This (especially in light of last night restaurant dinner was a BIG WIN)
Plus
we have left-overs! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment