Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dinner Day 14- Mushroom Risotto



Well, Everything that has breath, praise the Lord.
This dinner was amazing.
This dinner bordered on being illegal in some states it was so delish!

Mama's first crack at risotto passed the test.

For a decade, I've heard about the trappings of a good risotto. How creamy and flavorful it is. How TIME CONSUMING AND TEDIOUS IT IS!

In honesty, BOTH are true.

It's a bit of a high maintenance diva, but I've you have the time and inclination to stand and stir, it's well worth it.

I made may time at the stove a bit of a prayer and meditation. I prayed for my family, my children's health and peace and my husbands work and satisfaction. I'm here to tell you-YOU COULD TASTE THE LOVE!

The Consensus:
Alex: Ate everything and some of her brothers as well.
Liam: Ate all his risotto and half his salad with only one question:
"why are there mushrooms in this?"
Joseph: Had two helpings at dinner and finish the left overs at t.v. time. :)
Mama: Loved seeing here family well fed and happy and Yes, it was yumm-y!

Note: I did have to bribe these clean plates with the pumpkin pie which was dessert.

Cost:
$9 for a family of four (including a pumpkin pie)
$2.25/person

Still a total WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment