Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dinner Day 9-Veggie Lasagna



What do you think of when I say "lasagna"?
A giant stack of noodles, cheese and sauce.
Perhaps meat.
Perhaps 15 layers.
Perhaps some super t.v. chef with skills much greater than mine.
It seems so easy on the package instructions.

I must confess, I'm feeling a little defeated by tonight's offering.


I did just what the directions said, but instead of meat, I used some carrots and broccoli which I mixed with garlic, basil and onion in my food processor.
I thought the mixture was yum.
The kids-well...

The consensus:
Liam: What is this stuff? (and he's the one who asked for lasagna)
Alex: Ate it, but I could tell it was a "sympathy eat".
Joseph: Didn't eat it.
I: Thought it was good.

Conclusion:
If I had to do it over again, I'd just put my "healthy food hide the veggies" hat aside and pack it OUT with cheese.

Cost:
$9 four a family of four (including the Italian bread and salad)
$2.25/person

We have TONS of left-overs. Right now I wish I knew where to find the homeless and hungry in my neighborhood because I'm sure they would just plain love it.
Wanna come over for dinner?

1 comment:

  1. a suggestion: make your lasagna with spinach and mushrooms next time instead of the other veggies. i use ricotta, cottage, mozzarella, and parmesan/romano cheeses. you and your family will love it!

    ReplyDelete