Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dinner Day 25: Mom's Famous Veggie Chili

My family has always loved my chili. I'm confident in it. In fact, in years past-I've even gone as far as to organize a Chili Cook-Off on my block. We are a chili lovin' family. My tried and true, good home cookin' chili is a turkey chili and I must confess I've been sort of mourning the loss of this go-to recipe.
But-the Lord did not give me a spirit of fear, but of POWER, LOVE, and STRONG MIND and in this case AWESOME VEG CHILI!

I used the same spices I normally use:
Cumin
Red Pepper
Chili Powder
Curry (my secret ingredient)
Onion
Garlic

Instead of the meat, I used a ton of canned beans.
Black beans
Garbanzos
Great Northern
Kidney beans
and
A two cans of diced tomatoes

Fresh Cilantro and Diced avocado to garnish.

It's so quick and so easy and SO YUM-MY! I served it on a bed of Mac and Cheese.
But...did it pass the family's test? Did they love it like they LOVE "mom's chili"?

yes
they
certainly
DID!

The Consensus:
Alex: It smells so good. Man! I love your chili, mom.
Alex's friend: Have seconds and said "Who know vegetarian food could be so good?"
Liam: Ummmm....
Joseph: Good...
Me: Hurray. Cheer! and YUMMMM....

The cost:
$6.50 for five people (with left-overs for lunch tomorrow)
Less than $1.30/person

WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment