Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dinner Day 11- Minestrone Soup with Sour Dough Bread



I LOVE MINESTRONE SOUP! Every time I eat it, I think "is the really vegetarian?" It's so good. It tastes like there's peperoni in it. It's a little tiny miracle in a bowl.

I never made it on my own-usually eat it at a restaurant or from a can, but I ventured into the world of edible alchemy and came out with money saving kettle of yumminess that will last for weeks.

My recipe created so much soup that I'll bring it to visit family tomorrow, have some for lunch at work on Monday and freeze enough for another dinner.

Yeah Baby!

It's crazy easy and nutritious.
In this case I'm not even sharing the family's vote because sometimes Mama's vote is the only vote needed.

I served this with a beautiful loaf of sour dough bread.



Ingredients:


1 large onion
2 chopped zucchini
green beans
minced celery
minced garlic (about 4 cloves)
4 cups vegetable broth
1 can red kidney beans, drained
1 cans small white beans
1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
3 cups hot water
4 cups fresh baby spinach (I used kale)
1/2 cup small shell pasta

Cost:

$9 for enough for feed a very very large group or my family for days-
$?/person = crazy cheep and a total vegtastic WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment