Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dinner Day 8- "Chicken" Soup for the Soul.



I must confess, I had loftier ideas for dinner tonight.
Veg Lasagna
Veg Stir Fry
Stuffed Peppers
These are to come.

But today

I got a call

From School.

Liam's sick.

First:
Would you do me a favor and pray for my family's health?
Thank you so very much.

So for dinner: "Chicken" Soup.

Tonight's dinner is chicken free. Just lettin' ya know:
Chicken soup is a deal breaker for the 30 day no meat rule. If my kids are sick and I can't (even with prayer) beat it, all bets are off and the chicken soup is ON.
However, today is not that day.

Tonight's dinner:
Soup
A huge kettle
In it:
Onion,
Garlic
Celery
Green beans
Carrots
Veggie broth
Sea salt
Fresh ground pepper
Tofu noodles (super yummy and at most health food stores)
Cheese ravioli (!!I know, right? !!!)

Sour dough bread with herbs oil

Consensus:
Liam: It feels good on my throat
Alex: Came back for more
Alex's friend Sam: Came back for more
Joseph: This is good. I wish it didn't have green beans
Me: It feels good on my throat, too.


Cost:
$11 for a family of four
$2.75/ person
but we fed 5 people with left plenty of left overs for Liam's home from school lunch and dinner tomorrow.

This was a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment