Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dinner Day 12- I didn't do it!



"Uncle Carl is my favorite uncle!" shouted Liam as the ribs hit the table.

Before we dig into tonight dinner, I'd like to remind you about the root and cause of the "no dissection dinner".

The root:
My daughter Alex came home from school after dissecting a chicken wing in freshman biology and declared that she will "never eat chicken again."
My son had got on the train and became "chicken free".

They want to be chicken free, but think beef and whatever else is fine.
Mom's response: Beef is an animal and has veins, too. If you don't want to eat things with viens.....


The cause:
I'm a mama. I'm not a mean mama, but I'm also not a short order chef. If the kids want to stay away from things with veins and fingernails on their dinner plate, I understand and support them.


The month long experiment:
Mom does not cook anything with veins. (basically-crude but true)

Today:
Dinner was at Uncle Carls

The Menu:
Ribs

Liam and Joseph are happy men tonight.

I ate left over minestrone soup.


Confession:
I haven't eating pork since I was 9 and saw a whole dead pig at the butcher shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment