Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dinner Day 15- Veggie Burgers




Does this seem like a "cop-out" to you? It kinda did to me, but then I thought "Hey, I wouldn't think meat burgers were a cop-out, right?" Right.
And good news!
No animals were harmed in the making of tonight's dinner.
Cheer!

Confession time:
I'm really starting to like the veg thing myself. I love that I didn't have to stick my hands in raw meat to make these burgers. LOVE IT!

Whew! Glad that's off my chest!

Tonight's entree was:
Veggie Bacon and Cheese Burger (I KNOW, RIGHT!!!)
I served the burgers on Italian bread instead of a bun
(I had it and it was gonna go bad soon,so...)
Baked potato with chives
Green salad with Italian dressing

The consensus:
Alex: I just love these things.The fake bacon's crazy good. The burgers are a little dry though.
Momma: These are soooo good! I think they're dry because I over cooked them.
Joseph: I love them too. Just what I needed. And No, they're dry because there is no MEAT in them. They're great, Shannyn. :)
Liam (was at Boy scouts having pizza)


The cost:
Okay-confession again-The burgers are a bit costly. At my store I payed $5 for 4 burgers. They're so easy and jam packed with protein, thought-I sprung for them.

$7 for three people (no leftovers)
$2.33/person

Still a total WIN and SO EASY ON MOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment