Monday, March 14, 2011

Dinner Day 13- Easy Indian Chick Peas




Some of these are just for Mama.

The kids were with their cousins at dinner time, so I threw together this delight.

Would the kids have eaten it if they were home? NO! Not a chance.

Liam would run for the microwave with chips and cheese and call it dinner had I tried to plop this on the table for the family.

Alex would more than likely declare that she isn't hungry.

Joseph would love it. (love that man)

But, the kids were not home, so I was free to rock the Indian food in the kitchen.

When I make international food, I also use it as an opportunity to pray for the people in that region.
For expample-when I make Middle Eastern food, I pray for the people of the Middle East.
When I make African food, pray for African people.
Today, a great chance to pray for the people of India.

This recipe is crazy simple. You can adapt in by adding more heat with chili peppers or even cayenne. You can cool it off with fresh cilantro or plain yogurt. You can serve on a bed of rice or lettuce. Heck-you can do all of the above!

This is the very basic ingredient list.

1 onion, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
1 can white beans
1 can of tomatoes (or fresh)
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp coriander powder or turmeric
1 tsp cumin


Toss it in a pot and warm it all up.
MAN DO I LOVE THIS DISH!
Good tasting, great for you. Full of fiber and the all important protein.

Cost:
$2.50 for a huge pot-enough to serve about 8 people
I have the leftovers at work for breakfast and lunch.

Win, Win, Win!

On a night when the kids aren't there. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment