Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Birds of a feather, flock together

Thankfully, that night I was taking the kids out to eat that evening (a treat in our family)so the menu was someone else's problem.

They both ordered beef.

The next evening, however, I was back in the kitchen and the menu included-you guessed it-chicken!

"Mom, you don't understand. I mean it. I'm never eating chicken again!", our daughter declaired.

Liam-the 7 year old boy dived into his plate and came up with an "EEEWWW! What's this? Is this a VEIN????"

My husband said "Yep.Animals have veins. All of them. Chickens do, cows do, pigs do and so do we."

"Well then I'm never eating chicken again either," said Liam.

This is where the No Dissection Dinner begins.
I'm sorry-okay I'm not.
I'm the mom and I;m the cook.
I'm not going to play this game where I become a puppet for everyones goofy diatary wierdness.
You don't want to eat animals? It grosses you out? Fine. I'll be happy to accomadate you. I was a vegitarian when I married my hubby and I addapted to meat eating for him.
I will not, however pretend it's okay to descern between one yummy creature with a face and another just becasue they SAW the VEINS in one of them.

Therefore we began.
One month of veggie eating which will go up to a vote when the month's complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment