Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dinner Day 2- Breakfast for Dinner!



First a note from my VERY veg and vegan friend:
There's a difference between vegetarian and vegan. In fact-there are all kinds and variances in the veggie eater's game.
They include:
No eating of meat broth
No eating of eggs
No eating of dairy
and many more...

When I was a veg eater in college (cLeche I know) I drew my personal line at broth. It was just too hard to eat at restaurants with my family and not accommodate meals prepared with broth. I essentially decided that if I had to chew it-it counted. This is a split hair which may have allowed me to eat a pot roast if it was blended enough and in retrospect, I wish I would have thought of this.

Some vegetarians consider themselves "bacon only" vegetarians. Even though I haven't eaten pork since I was in 4th grade and saw that pig at the butcher shop-I understand. I really truly do.

In this instance know this: Our family's edge is "anything with a face".
Eggs and Dairy are fair game. Pun Intended.

For those playing along at home, this is called an "ova-lacto" vegetarian.
Cheer!



Tonight's meat free dinner was the ever popular "breakfast for dinner"!
Bonus Prize:
Daddy was the chef! Thank you, Lord!

This evening's entree included a sharp Cheddar omelet with diced tomatoes and scallions, pancakes and fresh strawberries! YUM!

The consensus:

Alex: Yum. This is good. Thanks, Dad.
Liam: I'm full!
Dad: I'm the best cook in the world. Mom-stay out of the kitchen! :)
Mom: Dad-you're the best and I'll be happy to.

Cost: $6 for a family of 4
$1.5/ person

WE HAVE A WINNER!

1 comment: