Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dinner Day 28: Spinich Feta Pie



As a (mostly) Arabic Mama, this dinner was a yummy taste of home for me. It's really a lot easier than most folks think.
All you need is an onion, a box of frozen spinach, a package of feta cheese and some filo dough.

Now-working with filo can be tedious and time consuming, but the way I do it (which btw my mother would STRONGLY object to) is to use cooking spray rather than melted butter between the layers.

If I were making baklava or another owey-goowey delight-I'd bust out the butter, but today is not that day. Today is a spray day and it works just fine, thank you very much. ;)

This meal took about 25 minutes from the time I hit the kitchen to the time it was on the table and I felt like a rock star.

The Consensus:
Alex: Oh, I love this, Mom. Please please make it all the time.
Liam: Good.
Joseph: Man, I'm so glad I married an Arab woman.
Me: Yes, Joseph. Yes, Alex. Yes, Liam. Yes, LORD!

The Cost:
$7 for a family of four.
$1.75/person

No comments:

Post a Comment